Pages

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Breakthrough, not Breakdown

One of my favorite professors here, Prof. Wamagatta, always prays at the beginning of class. One of his favorite sayings to pray is for us students to have "breakthroughs instead of breakdowns."
Well, tonight I had a breakdown. I had a 3500 word essay due tonight at midnight, and at 11:55 I only had 2800 words. After 4 minutes of debating with myself, I decided to submit the paper anyway at 11:59 rather than trying to add 700 words tomorrow and it be late (because I don't really have time tomorrow either). As I was walking back from the library I was really frustrated that I didn't finish the paper and still incredibly stressed because I have 2 presentations the next 2 days before I fly home on Friday for H & L's graduation, only to fly back on Tuesday, which is the same day I have 2 more huge papers due....etc. etc. 
I am getting incredibly sad about leaving and frustrated that I can't spend my last weeks doing more fun stuff with the people I care about here, rather than doing schoolwork.
Anyways tonight when I got back to Horton I ran into one of the girls on my floor and immediately started crying when she asked me how I was doing! (the last time I remember crying over school work was when I took calculus my jr. year of high school...that was not a fun season in life!) She prayed for me and gave me lots of hugs and reminded me that this silly paper that I didn't finish really is not important in the big scheme of things. Thank you, Lord for the encouragement through Kylie. 
With the amount of things I have to do in the next 2 weeks, another breakdown is definitely possible. But I am praying that God gives me lots of mini breakthroughs instead and that I am able to live my last 16 days as a Biola student to the fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment