Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Employed.

I am officially a sterilization technician here, meaning that I will be cleaning dental equipment/prepping before the dentists comes in to see patients. The best part is that none of the dentists speak Spanish, and most of the patients do, so I will get to interpret! I am actually getting a dollar more per hour because I speak Spanish.
The interview yesterday went wonderfully. I prayed beforehand that my interviewer would be able to see the "real me" and that I would present myself honestly and openly. Just a few minutes into it, she said that she could see that I have a calming personality and would be great in this job because oftentimes the environment is chaotic. Answered prayer! 
The lady interviewing me asked me to explain my major, and when I said I had learned a lot about how to be respectful of other cultures and come in with a posture of learning, I think she was really impressed (thank you ICS department!). She said that is exactly what the company tries to do, constantly learning how to better serve the customers that are of all different races. She also said that if I ever have any ideas to improve the company to please let her know.
 At the end of the interview she tentatively gave me the job, and last night she officially offered it to me. Another crazy thing? I'll be gone for 25 days in July, and that was not a problem. I am starting before my trip, hopefully on Monday, or as soon as my background check and drug test get processed.
This job literally has three of the things I care most about in the world: people, Spanish, and development. THANK YOU JESUS for always providing.

No comments:

Post a Comment