Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Southern Gentlemen

After 4 years in California, I almost forgot what chivalry was. I just got back from the post office and had to mail a really large box to a friend. Before I even started to move the box from my front seat, a man walking by saw its size and offered to help (I declined because it wasn't heavy). This was after the same man had waved me into the closer parking spot seconds earlier when we were still in our cars.
Next, while I was carrying the box, a different man waited about 10 seconds for me to get to the door so he could hold it open for me. There was another door after the first one, and he immediately said, "Let me get that door for you too." What a contrast these two men were with 80% of the boys at Biola who either pretend they don't see you coming and let doors slam in your face, or half-heartedly push the door open behind them as they walk through. 
Just another reason I am glad to be back in Texas: men are still gentlemen here.

No comments:

Post a Comment